As a member of the BC Health Coalition, SOHC has been asked to share the following job posting:
Organizer – Campaigns and Communications (part-time)
The BC Health Coalition is a provincial network of organizations and individuals that champion the universal public health care system. This year we are interveners in a high profile Supreme Court challenge to public health care.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team and coordinate media relations and campaign activities related to the case. If you are excited to work in a fast-paced campaign environment in collaboration with partners across B.C. and Canada, this may be a good fit for you.
For more information, click on “Read more”
– Respond to health care issues through media as well as online and community-based campaigns
– Design print and online communications materials
– Participate in daily strategic decision making around emerging health care issues and campaign activities
– Coordinate social media presence to engage with members and public on health care issues
– Act as spokesperson, as required
Required skills and qualifications:
– Experience with advocacy campaigns as an organizer and communicator
– Excellent written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to understand and write for different audiences and formats
– Understanding of media relations and B.C.’s media environment
– Experience in grassroots community organizing and working with the trade union movement
– Understanding of consensus-based decision-making model with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a non-hierarchical team environment
– Experience in designing print and online communications materials
– Experience with effective social media campaigns
– Experience in reporting to a coalition-type community board structure
– Knowledge of public health care issues
– Ability to speak in public
Remuneration: $35.18 per hour plus compensation in lieu of benefits. This is a part-time temporary position (minimum of 20 hours/week). Position term is as soon as possible until December 2014.
Staff at the BC Health Coalition are covered by a collective agreement with Unifor local 467.
The BCHC office is located at Heritage Hall, on Main Street in Vancouver.
How to apply:
Accepting applications now. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis and posting closes August 25, 2014.
Please send your cover letter and resume in PDF format to the BCHC Hiring Committee with the subject line “Organizer position” to:email@example.com
The BC Health Coalition supports employment equity. Workers of colour, women, Aboriginal workers, gay, lesbian and transgender workers, and workers with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The BC Health Coalition thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BC Health Coalition
302-3102 Main Street, Vancouver, BC V5T 3G7
302-1302 Main Street, Vancouver BC V5G 3G7